Samsung Exec: I Use Apple Products at Home
Samsung’s chief strategy officer, Young Sohn, in an interview praised certain aspects of Apple and their products.Speaking to MIT Technology Review, Sohn said that Apple’s strength may not be their products, but their “ecosystem, such as iCloud.”
I like that my family 6,000 miles away in Korea is able to see my schedule and see all of my contacts and photos. It is sticky, but it is a proprietary architecture. Look at your phone [pointing to the writer's Samsung Galaxy Nexus]. It’s a better phone, in my view. It’s a better display. It’s faster. But eventually the connected ecosystem is really critical.
He goes on to explain that iCloud, iTunes and other platforms have connected all of its products that the consumer own together. Even though he is a Samsung executive he find that interconnectivity too much to pass up while he is at home.
At work I’m using Samsung devices; Apple at home, mainly because all of my systems and files are done that way. That’s sticky, you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment